Electrical Construction Assistant Project Manager
As a proud Minority Business Enterprise, Quantum Crossings has brought technology and telecommunication solutions to our partners across the Chicagoland area for more than 15 years. We are currently seeking an Electrical Construction Assistant Project Manager.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Gather information related to Project Schedule tasks in order to assist the Project Manager with Schedule updates.
- Inspect material and equipment delivered to the jobsite to verify they match the purchase order and needed specifications.
- Assist Project Manager with creating estimates for potential change orders.
- Gather data and facts to assist Project Manager with writing Requests for Information as needed to prevent Schedule interruptions.
- Compile documentation for submittals, O&M manuals, training, warranty, and close-out as directed by Project Manager.
- Assist Project Manager with the assembly of project invoices and applications for payment.
- Review subcontractor submissions of required documentation for completeness, adherence to project specifications, and accuracy. Report discrepancies to the Project Manager, and follow up with subcontractor until required information is provided.
- Provide information for Project Manager report(s) to stakeholders.
- Participate in project evaluations, and provide observations of work performed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required education, experience and abilities for success in the position include:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in either Electrical or Civil Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent degree.
- Familiarity with construction of electrical distribution systems for power, lighting, security, communications and/or IT technology infrastructures.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings, and specifications.
- Familiarity with the Chicago Electric & National Electric Codes.
- Possess excellent listening skills and the ability to communicate clearly with supervisor.
- Willingness to work overtime in order to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to travel to jobsites as needed within the Chicago area.
- Proficiency with project management software a plus.