Electrical Construction Project Manager
As a Hispanic certified (MBE) (Minority Owned Business Enterprise), we believe in building long lasting strategic partnerships with not only clients, but also our highly valued team members. We are currently seeking an Electrical Construction Project Manager.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Develop Project Schedules including submittals, purchasing, installation, start-up and commissioning, training and close-out tasks.
- Collaborate with Electrical Superintendent and General Foremen to manage resource allocations in order to meet Project Schedule.
- Purchase and ensure timely delivery to the jobsite of specified materials and equipment, in order to allow field crews to perform complete installations on the first attempt.
- Manage project budgets and prevent project scope creep without proper compensation.
- Write and submit Requests for Information as needed to prevent schedule interruptions.
- Compile and submit documentation for submittals, O&M manuals, training, warranty and close-out.
- Assemble and submit project invoices and applications for payment on appropriate forms.
- Manage job site performance and submissions of required project documentation for all subcontractors.
- Write and submit reports on project progress for both internal and client stakeholders.
- Perform project evaluations and provide assessments of results.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required education, experience and abilities for success in the position include:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in either Electrical or Civil Engineering, or Construction Management or equivalent degree.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a project management role within the electrical construction industry.
- Experience in construction of electrical distribution systems for power, lighting, security, communications and/or IT technology infrastructures.
- Strong ability to read and interpret construction drawings, specifications, and contract documents.
- Working knowledge of the Chicago Electric & National Electric Codes.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, and follow through on challenging projects, while always requesting supervisor input as needed.
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to communicate clearly, fluently, and concisely.
- Willingness to work overtime in order to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to travel to jobsites as needed within the Chicago area.
- Strong proficiency with project management software.